Nofunallowed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

http://www.synchtube.com/r/Spoony# <-----------

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Morrowind Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BroStory
No bodies bitch
No bodies bitch
BroStory

Morrowind Review Empty
PostSubject: Morrowind Review   Morrowind Review EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 am

Graphics: The game is certainly lacking in the graphics department. The textures are just a little dated for 2002. If you look at other games at the time, such as Halo: CE, you can notice the difference. The animations are very jerky and not very fluent. Mods will make it look better than Oblivion.

Gameplay: Combat is luck-based, but as long as you don't use weapons you're not proficient in, you should be able to score the most of the hits. The game world is vivid and huge, with lots of variations everywhere. Most of the dungeons aren't cut and pasted and have lots of variation on the monsters inside. An example of this would be if you died mid-dungeon, and you saved right before you entered, the mobs inside could have different weapons, enchants and the like. This is very pleasing to me because it allows more multiple runthroughs without getting bored too quickly. The UI is great, and takes up little of the screen. I found the defaults for the settings to be a little odd, with E to jump and space to open doors, but I just switched the controls with the options.

Sound: The music in this game is just great. It really sets the tone for the story to immerse you in the game. All the music is very well crafted and I can't say much otherwise about it. The sounds for attacking, casting spells, and the like sound fine without much problem.

Story: You're taken from your homeland and thrown on-board a prison ship. You're released into the lands of Morrowind to do whatever you wish to do, be it explore, fight, steal, quest, destroy, kill, or whatever else you can think of. It's a really good freeroam game and the main quest backs it up quite well. Most of the kinda important NPCs have some unique dialog, which always is good for immersion.

In summary, okay graphics with kind of luck based gameplay backed with amazing sound and story really add a lot to do in this game. The modding community is huge and still active which is a good thing. If you're a hardcore RPG fan, be ready to dump hundreds upon hundreds of hours into this game.

Total Score:
For the casual: 5/10
You'll most likely be turned off by the graphics and hate the gameplay for not being straightforward. You'll probably not enjoy the slower pace of the game and not like the walls of text that the story can take.

For the hardcore: 9.5/10
HOLY FUCK YOU N'WAHS ARE GOING DOWN. IT'S LIKE I'M THE FIST OF THE NORTH FUCKING STAR HOLY SHIT SO FUCKING AMAZING
Back to top Go down
Spoony
Admin
Admin
Spoony

Morrowind Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morrowind Review   Morrowind Review EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:39 am

BRAVO GOOD SIR!
Back to top Go down

Morrowind Review
Page 1 of 1